CFSI is the voice of the Consumer Seafood Supply Industry.
The California Fisheries & Seafood Institute (CFSI) is the nation’s largest regional organization representing members of the consumer seafood supply industry. Since 1954, CFSI has aggressively served its members in government representation and the marketing and promotion of seafood.
CFSI’s member companies represent all facets of the consumer seafood supply industry. Our members are seafood brokers, exporters, importers, traders, producers, restaurants, wholesalers, distributors, cold storage facilities, transportation companies and other allied industries. While the majority of our members are based in California, CFSI has members from all over the United States and Canada.
CFSI endorses the efforts of FishWatch as the U.S. authority on the sustainability of fisheries.
This Institute is an association of individuals and business firms engaged in, or allied to, the consumer seafood supply industry. It is formed for the following purposes:
1. To preserve, foster and promote the consumer seafood supply industry, and related activities and to advocate sound legislation for the improvement, preservation, and promotion of the industry; and
2. To market and promote the consumption of seafood and to provide, enhance and communicate a positive image of seafood products and the seafood industry to consumers; and
3. To protect the right of the public to demand free and continuous access to seafood of all types as a valuable source of food and useful commercial products; and
4. To advocate true conservation through utilization of the maximum sustainable yield of all marine resources; and
5. To encourage efforts to plant and maintain those species of marine life susceptible to scientific propagation.
Joyce Company, Los Angeles
1st Vice President/VP of Membership
Catalina Offshore Products, San Diego
Pacific Seafood, Sacramento
Vice President - Legislative
All Seas Wholesale, San Francisco
Vice President - Promotion
American Fish, Los Angeles
Chairman of the Board
Seafood Suppliers, San Francisco
CFSI Directors and Staff
Lee Fish USA, Inglewood
Caito Fisheries, Fort Bragg
Pacific Seafoods, Sacramento
DiCarlo Seafood, Wilmington
Kanaloa Seafood, Santa Barbara
Seabreeze Seafoods International, South El Monte
T.M. Tobin Company, Foster City
Pier 45 Seafood, San Francisco
AD HOC BOARD MEMBER
Ret., Food Science & Technology Department, UC Davis
Robert E. Ross